Our executive members are a group of volunteers accountable for delivering all of the clubs programming in accordance with the values of the organization and the rule of law
Join our team!
Volunteers are the foundation of Spirits!
Director of Treasury
Tim & Martha Farrell
Ontario Basketball Liaison
Director of Marketing & Communications
Director of House League
Director of Uniforms & Equipment
Director of Schedule & Facilities
Director of Home Tournaments
Director of Coaching Development
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of the organization
- Oversee all club activities
- Appointment of board member positions
- Select coaches, approve managers
- Manage and review finances regularly
- Work with board members to achieve goals
- Grow and develop the club
- Non biased conflict resolution
- Clear, and friendly communications to members
- Positively represent the organization
- Perform the duties of the Chairperson in their absence.
- Succeed the Chairperson, pro-term, if the Chairperson resigns.
- Assist the Chairperson with all organizational activities.
- Signing authority on bank accounts in conjunction with the Treasurer.
- Supports Belleville Spirits and their activities as required
- Maintain financial records and account books of the Belleville Spirits.
- Prepares and presents a report of the Belleville Spirits’ finances at each Executive Meeting, including the bank statement
- Prepares and presents a written Income and Expense Statement, and a Balance Statement at the AGM.
- Accepts and deposits all Belleville Spirits’ funds in a financial institution approved by the Belleville Spirits’ Executive.
- Prepares, signs and submits all cheques to the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson or Administrator for all counter signatures.
- Prepares and presents to the Executive an Annual Budget for each Fiscal Year. g. Signing authority on bank accounts in conjunction with a different designated Executive Member.
- Special Projects as needed
- Tracks NSF cheques.
- Sets up Bank Authorization
- Liaise with team coaches throughout season
- Recruit and oversee club coaching
- Facilitate coach education programing
- Oversee player development camp opportunities
- Collect player sizing with registration each season
- Maintain and organize uniforms prior to each new season
- Issue team uniforms and practice jerseys at the start of each season
- Collect uniforms and practice jerseys at the end of each season
- Monitor and maintain uniforms and equipment
- Maintain an inventory of all uniforms and equipment
- Handle any requests for first aid kit replenishments
- Obtain quotes for Executive approval for purchase of basketballs, uniforms, or other equipment, as needed
- Establish Tournament Committee from Belleville Spirits parents and community members
- Coordinate gym time with Scheduler
- Coordinate team registrations, rosters, and fees
- Coordinate hotel options for out of town teams
- Set up convenor
- Arrange for officials
- Coordinate awards and/or medals
- Oversee all tournament aspects
- Coordinate gym times with Scheduler
- Coordinate registration process and fees
- Recruit, supervise, and liaise with volunteer coaches and convenors with regards to fair play, rules, and balancing of teams
- Prepare house league schedules
- Communicate with parents and guardians with schedules, changes, and other issues that may arise
- Coordinate ads and website updates with Director of Marketing and Communications
- Maintain file on insurance records and medical releases
- Arrange insurance forms for coaches and executives
- Order house league shirts, and awards for each new season, as approved by Executive
- Oversee gym permits for each facility
- Set practice schedule
- Correspond with coaches and coordinators to determine needs of each team
- Confirm permits and schedules on a daily bases
- Liaise with custodial staff at each school, as necessary
- Maintain relationship with local school board
- Plan and oversee communication strategies that promote the clubs best interests through various communication mediums
- Maintain Belleville Spirits website and social media accounts including posting of schedules, registrations, tryouts, team news and other items of interest to the Belleville Spirits community.
- Respond to online inquiries in a timely manner or forward them to the correct person.
- In coordination with the administrator, setup registration for all recreational program registrations and special camps
- Obtain all the required registration forms from Basketball Ontario.
- Advise the Belleville Spirits team contacts of the deadlines and forward the forms to them.
- Collect the completed forms and the relevant birth certificates.
- Forward the forms to Basketball Ontario prior to deadlines.
- Ensure the Belleville Spirits meets all Basketball Ontario guidelines.
- Reviews and recommends sponsorship fees for approval by the Executive.
- Review status of previous year sponsors and prepare revised sponsorship list for current year by the end of September
- Canvas for new sponsors.
- Prepare sponsorship letter for registration.
- Deliver sponsorship/fundraising money to the Treasurer when received.
- Coordinate the ordering of the team House League shirts with the Executive and the silk-screening company.
- Organize any fundraising activities.
- Responsible and/or coordinate delivery of plaques/shirts to sponsors at the end of the season
- Plan and organized the end of year banquet for players and families